Leading up to Monday, I have been reading the book Kindergarten Rocks to Abby to get her excited about school. We are 4 days in, and I think I can safely say that indeed, kindergarten does rock.
Any fears that I may have had that Abby would have a hard time adjusting were completely washed away when she headed down the hall with her new classmates on the first day, without so much as a glance back in my direction. It was simultaneously a huge source of pride to see my girl so confident and independent, and also a huge blow to my mom ego that perhaps she isn't as dependent on me as I am on her.
Ethan starts preschool next Tuesday. Meet the teacher was this morning and went perfect....until another 3 year old boy "borrowed" the bus my son happened to want to play with. Poor kid was the lucky recipient of Ethan's wrath. This year should be a blast for his teachers! And then it will just be me and Reese 2 days a week. This is the point at which my ovaries quiver, and I start to imagine what life would be like with 4 kids. Heaven help my poor husband. :)
Monday, August 13, 2012
Whew! Has it really been almost 2 years since my last post? That's bananas! So, what have I been up to you ask?? I'll give it to you in bullet points:
Gotta run, kids are
destroying my house playing quietly in the other room, and it's time to get dinner on the table!
- Celebrated Ethan's 2nd Birthday Feb 2011
- Took a family trip to San Antonio in April 2011
- Celebrated Abby's 4th Birthday May 2011
- Abby started Preschool September 2011
- I decided to become a Surrogate!! Met a wonderful couple, and we transferred 1 frozen embryo September 2011
- Celebrated Reese's 1st Birthday September 2011
- Celebrated Ethan's 3rd Birthday February 2012
- Celebrated Abby's 5th Birthday May 2012
- Delivered a healthy baby boy for an amazing, deserving couple May 22, 2012
- Went to Las Vegas with my hubby and had a blast July 2012
Gotta run, kids are