Friday, May 30, 2008

Don't worry....I've got a plan

We have a plan. And that feels nice. I think the lowest points that I've hit during the past few years dealing with infertility have been when I didn't know what to do next. I felt this way a few weeks ago after the surgery, when I was left with only one fallopian tube. It is such a vulnerable position to be in. So, at least for now, we have a plan.

I had been really hesitant to move on to ivf at this juncture because I always felt like it was the ace in our back pocket. And as long as we still had it tucked away in our pocket while we were trying IUIs, then we were doing okay. I haven't been ready to pull it out of my back pocket yet because then what would we have left if that didn't work? And so, for now at least, it will remain in our pocket while we try two more IUIs.

I had my second follistim injection tonight. And it amazes me how much they don't hurt. I don't know if it is because I have gotten so used to them, or because lately the emotional pain is so much worse than the physical pain, so much so that a tiny needle prick doesn't even register with my brain. Either way, I am grateful to not dread the shots like I did those first couple months. I am scheduled to go in Monday for a follicle check and bloodwork. Just about time to have a nice chat with my ovaries about not being overachievers, but still making sure to produce a couple nice big follicles, prefarably on the right side, since the left is, well, BROKEN and all. Do you talk to your body before an appointment? What do you say? Does it ever work?

No comments: