Monday, June 9, 2008

The Deed is Done

Well, I went in on Friday for a quick follie scan and bloodwork. The left ovary was behaving very well and had a few follicles, but not so big that it would squash my chances of ovulating on the right. On the right I had 4 or 5 good follicles all around the same size, between 13 and 16 mm. And then one misfit who was a 18.5 mm. When my bloodwork came back, it was of course this misfit that caused me to begin surging early, before the other good little follies had a chance to catch up. I figured the iui would be on Sunday or Monday....until I got the phone call to trigger RIGHT NOW, and iui would be Saturday morning. So, that's how it went. Everything just felt so off. But now, here I am, 2 days into the 2ww, hoping that the timing wasn't as far off as I thought. I have decided to be hopeful anyway, because there is no sense in feeling all doomy and gloomy all the time. And I keep telling myself that out of the 3 previous iuis with injectibles, we got pregnant 2 times. and 2 out of 3 ain't bad, right?

So, that's where I'm at right now. Do you think it is too early to test??

I am doing everything in my power not to surf the baby gear or pregnancy websites. But I have already begun all of my other silly rituals--drinking pineapple juice, looking up the would-be due date.

No comments: