Saturday, December 6, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!!

What a difference a year makes!!

Abby with Santa last Christmas: Abby with Santa this Christmas:

Our Santa experience this year was awesome! I was so nervous about long lines, getting to the mall before 1:00 (that's when Santa eats lunch), and how Abby might react to him this year. The experience could not have gone better. We got to the mall around 12:55 on Friday afternoon, and walked right up to Santa! There was no one in front or behind us, so we weren't rushed at all. At first Abby didn't know quite what to think, but after Santa took his gloves off and asked for a couple "high fives" Abby knew this was clearly a man to be trusted. She sat in his lap and just checked him out for awhile. No tears!!! And I even got a few smiles. And the best part is when they asked me if I wanted them to take the picture there, or if I wanted to take my own pictures....FOR FREE!!!! So I got lots of great candid shots of Abby and Santa, and then a few of her and Greg in Santa's chair:

We also had Christmas/Abby's 18-month pictures taken a couple weeks ago. Those didn't go nearly as smoothly. She didn't really want to sit still or pose, and every time the photographer raised her camera up, Abby would wail. But we survived and even got a few good shots. So, here are a few of the best from that adventure:



No comments: