Tuesday, December 30, 2008

31 Weeks!!!

Wow, it has been forever since I last posted, hasn't it?! I hope everyone's Christmas was as joyous as ours was. Greg and I weren't really going to exchange gifts this year, so instead we each got each other a few small things for the house (my "big" gift from Greg was a curtain rod for Abby's room, and he got trash bags from me...but for the record, he was actually excited about them--they are really cool trash bags!). But Santa had other plans for us....

We drove up to Dallas on Tuesday night, and it was pretty much non-stop from there! On Christmas Eve Abby crushed the only pair of glasses that I brought, so I ended up getting a very nice new pair of glasses for Christmas. Greg also lost his cell phone on Christmas Eve, so now he is sporting the new iphone. He looks so cool and trendy, even if he doesn't know how to work half the buttons on that thing!! So in the end, we each ended up unexpectedly getting something big! Thanks Santa!!

Christmas was awesome! It was so great to be in the company of our families, and enjoy such amazing food. And while Abby didn't completely "get" Christmas this year, she had so much fun opening presents and playing with all of her cousins. I really wish that we lived closer!

While we were in town we also tried hard to make the rounds and see as many of our friends as we could, since we don't know how long it will be until we can make it back up to Dallas. Unfortunately we weren't able to make it around to see everyone, but it was really great catching up with those we saw. And good thing we took advantage of the opportunity to see as many people as possible because...
No more trips to Dallas for me!! I had my bi-weekly check up with my ob today and she decided to check my cervix for progress due to a small amount of bleeding that I had while we were in Dallas. It turns out that my cervix has been busy! I am already dilated 1 cm!!! She said that since I am progressing a little quicker than they would like to see, she is requesting that I take it easy for the next few weeks and that we not travel more than an hour away! She said the goal right now is to get me to 34 weeks, when she won't do anything to stop labor if it happens. If I do go into labor between now and then, all measures will be taken to stop labor and keep my boy cooking for a little longer. She wants to check me again in 2 weeks and if there has been any change, I'm on bedrest. :( In the meantime, our little boy continues to rock out my uterus! He is measuring 1 week ahead, and we are scheduling another ultrasound for 4 weeks from now, so that we have a better idea how big he is going to be!! I can't believe that in less than 9 weeks I am going to have a little boy!! And Abby is going to be a BIG SISTER!!! Wow!

She is already preparing for the big event. One of the things that she got for Christmas is a doll stroller, and she has spent so much time pushing her "babies" around the house in the stroller. It is so cute to watch. She is going to make such a great big sister! And now, for some pictures.....

There are so many other fun stories from our trip to Dallas, but I will have to spread them out over a few posts. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a Happy and safe New Year's!!

No comments: