Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Due Date!!!

When I opened my date book to see what I had going on for the week ahead, the only entry for yesterday, December 8, 2008 was "My Due Date!!!" I guess even though the pregnancy lasted only 6 1/2 weeks, I still managed to record my due date in my calendar. Today I should be holding a brand new baby, but instead I only have 3 small scars on my belly to remember him/her by.

Yesterday was a bit of a strange day, with the reminder of that pregnancy that went oh so wrong looming in my head all day. But it was hard to be sad about it all day, when I have so much right in front of me to be SO thankful for. Abby and I did some shopping at Michaels, and a woman stopped to tell me how beautiful Abby is, and how much she envied me! (yesterday of all days!) Apparently she has 12 grandsons and no granddaughters!! I am very lucky to have my beautiful little ray of sunshine who sings to me and showers me with hugs and kisses every day. And I am 28 1/2 weeks pregnant with a VERY active little boy who also reminds me how lucky I am. Poor kid still doesn't have a name yet, but we are so excited to meet him!!

Right after Christmas it will be time to focus on this little guy. Picking out a name, and bedding, and getting his room ready for his arrival! There is a lot to do and very little time to do it!

No comments: