Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year! Ours was great! We went over to our friend Nikki's house for dinner, and then hung out outside around a fire-pit and watched fireworks (in our neighborhoods it is legal to shoot fireworks--so it was a 4 hour fireworks show!). Abby woke up just before midnight, so Greg and I counted down with her, gave her big kisses, and then headed home! It was a lot of fun.

And Greg was very productive with his long weekend. He cleaned out the garage, took down all of the Christmas decorations, and painted 2 rooms!! We picked out paint colors on Friday for Abby and Baby Boy's rooms. On Saturday he painted Baby Boy's room, and yesterday he painted Abby's room, hung her light and pictures, and moved a few pieces of furniture into the other room. There are still a few things left to be done in each room, but I am so happy to see my pink and blue bedrooms side-by-side. It makes me smile!! So, here are a few pictures:

Abby has been inspecting all of the baby equipment in preparation for her brother's arrival. Here are some funny pictures of that...


4 comments:

The McGee Family said...

Okay...so I am going to try to read this more often now that you guys have moved away. Abby in the baby's stuff is very cute. I am jealous of the fireworks. I had a quick night of visiting two parties and getting home to celebrate the mark with Vanessa. Have a good week.

The McGee Family said...

Oh... and the paint jobs look good!

kay said...

The rooms look great! I can't wait to see them in "person". That was cool that you could do the firework thing right in your neighborhood!

Niki said...

I like the rooms, good job on the colors and the stripe! Abby is hilarios with the baby stroller and car seat. I will mail like I promised next week.