Tuesday, January 27, 2009

35 Weeks

I made it to 35 weeks!!! I had my 35 week appt. this morning and now I am 3 cm dilated!! Only 7 more to go until I can meet my son!! :) The dr. thinks that I will probably make it to 36 weeks this weekend, and maybe to my appt. next Tues., but she doesn't seem to think I'll get all the way to 37 weeks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm still having a lot of contractions, but most of them don't feel much stronger than bad cramps.

Since I haven't posted a bump picture in awhile, here for your viewing pleasure is my bump at 34 weeks:

And we have furniture for both kids now!!! Just in time, Kay, Kim, Shawn, and Wesley came down and brought the most beautiful white crib and dresser for Abby's room!!! Thank you so much Walid & Niki (and a special thank you to Brayden!). The furniture looks great. Here are a few pictures:

I need to finish up our baby boy's room and get a few pictures of that as well. It is still a work in progress at this point.

While I was on bed rest, I was so lucky to have Kay here for the whole week, to help out with Abby, make us dinner every night, take care of me, and to do all the things around the house that I wasn't allowed to do. I don't know what we would've done without her! Thank you so much Kay. One day toward the end of the week when I had no maternity underwear left, I finally broke down and asked if she would do a couple loads of laundry. Abby decided that she wanted to "help" with the laundry, by putting every pair of my maternity "hats" over her head. I laughed so hard I thought I might go into labor right then and there. WARNING! If you are easily offended at the sight of huge, ugly, granny-style maternity underwear draped around the neck of a toddler, look no further!!!


There is actually a really funny video of her putting them on, and then dancing, but it was a little long. If you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to see it, let me know, and I'll post it!!! :)
Switching gears once again......for Greg's 30th birthday, Abby and the baby got Greg a brick that will be installed at the new Cowboys football stadium, set to open later this year. They sent him a replica brick of the one that will be installed, and after it gets installed they will send us a map of its location at the stadium. Here are a few pictures:


1 comment:

Niki said...

AWWWW! Your belly looks so cute, sad to think it is almost over,but I'm sure you are glad.. It's sad that we didn't have growing bellies together this time. Oh-well, maybe next time, ha-ha :). The furniture looks GREAT, makes me a little teary!