Wednesday, January 21, 2009

5 Pounds---UPDATED!!

Well it seems like I haven't posted in forever, even though it has only been a week. I guess it is because so much has happened!!

Thursday night the uncomfortable, irregular contractions that I've been having on and off since 19 weeks turned into painful, consistent contractions. After timing them for about an hour, we called the dr. who told us to go ahead and go to Labor and Delivery to get checked out. When we got there and got hooked up on all the monitors, I was contracting in a "perfect pattern" every 5 minutes. Great if I were 39 weeks, not so great at 33 weeks. In fact, the Dr. said that out of the 7 or so women in L&D at that time, I had the best labor pattern! So I was given 3 shots of terbutaline, and a mega oral dose, which slowed the contractions down enough that they were comfortable letting me go home on strict bedrest, and with instructions to take the pills every 3 hours.

Luckily, Kim, Wesley, Shawn, and Kay came in town this weekend to celebrate Greg's 30th birthday, and Kay has been able to stay this whole week. She has been just wonderful! I don't know what we would have done without her! :) I had a follow up appt. with my Dr. on Monday, who loosened my restrictions to "modified bedrest" so now I can sit up, and walk around a little bit more, and even drive!

We had an ultrasound this morning, to check on our little man's size. As usual, it is absolutely amazing seeing that little guy moving around in there. He just takes my breath away! On the way to the appointment, Greg and I made guesses about the baby's size. I guessed that he would be 5 lbs., 4 oz. and Greg guessed 4 lbs., 8 oz. I have really been hoping that he is over 5 lbs. at this point to give him the best shot at avoiding any time in the nicu in case of early delivery. We are still awaiting the results from the dr.....stay tuned!!!

************UPDATE******************

He weighs approx. 5.5 lbs.!!!!! I am so excited and relieved that he is so big and healthy in there. That is just one more hurdle that we needed to pass to keep him out of the nicu. We got some really cute shots of his face, feet, and boy parts!!!

1 comment:

Niki said...

You have to get one more belly shot up here in case you have a baby soon. Can you believe he is almost here?!